The videos in this archive feature the work of Canadian Jesuits International and of our partners in the Global South. Some of them also appear on other pages of the CJI website. They are gathered here for convenience of access and are organized chronologically in two categories: those produced by or for CJI and those produced by our partners and made available here with permission.
- “Hosting 9 million displaced people: The response of JRS in East Africa” (2016, 6:28 minutes). See excerpts from a talk by Fr Endashaw Debrework SJ, Regional Director of Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) in Eastern Africa, in Toronto on 29 November 2016; includes photos of refugee life in East Africa, taken by Miriam Lopez-Villegas.
- “60 Million Refugees: A Global Challenge” (2016, 14:26 minutes). Features excerpts from an talk by Fr Tom Smolich SJ, International Director of the Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS), in Toronto on 12 April 2016.
- “The Humanitarian Response to the Syrian Crisis: Reflections from the Region” (2015, 5:08 minutes). Hear excerpts from a panel discussion hosted by CJI on 1 December 2015 about how humanitarian workers and agencies are responding to the needs of refugees and internally displaced persons fleeing the war in Syria.
- “Nepal Emergency Relief” (2015, 0:30 minutes). Produced for CJI by Salt+Light TV. Highlights the need to assist victims of the earthquake that hit Nepal on 25 April 2015.
- “Comparte” (2019, 4:55 minutes). Produced by Comparte. In this video, members of Comparte network talk about the benefits of sharing resources and techniques with one another to research and implement alternative socio-economic models in their respective countries. Though each organization is primarily concerned with its own local issues, together they frame these issues in the larger Latin American context for purposes of solidarity and momentum.
- “Amazonia: Care for our common home” (2019, 7:37 minutes). Produced by Xavier Network. Together with other members of the Xavier Network, Canadian Jesuits International (CJI) is working with Jesuit Service for the Pan-Amazon Region (SJPAM) and Fe y Alegría (FyA) International Educational Network to raise awareness about ecological and social justice issues and to promote intercultural and bilingual education in the Amazon region.
- “World Refugee Day 2016 – Open Minds, Unlock Potential” (2016, 12:24 minutes). Produced by Jesuit Refugee Service – Mercy in Motion. Narrated by refugees themselves, this video shows that refugees not only seek safety and understanding but also educational opportunities so that they can grow and contribute to society.
- “Working Together for Syria” (2016, 5:38 minutes). Produced by Irish Jesuit Missions and Swansong Films. Interviews Fr Mourad Abou Seif SJ about the ongoing work of Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) in Aleppo, Syria, and shows the work of JRS in providing food, health care, psychosocial support and education to displaced Syrians of all faiths.
- “The Art of Mimicking Nature” (2015, 26:00 minutes). Produced by Kasisi Agricultural Training Centre (KATC) in Zambia. Promotes the benefits of organic agriculture.